Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Whats your title? Pastoral Intern...or Pastern...

Exactly one month ago was the date I “officially” started for Brookside Church. As you may or may not know I am not on “part time” staff as a Pastoral Intern. I put part time in quotes because I am there every day and work nearly 35-40 hours a week. Why work full time for part time money you ask? Because for the first time in my life I look forward to work! I love my job! On Sunday night when most of you are contemplating whether or not you really need the income or coming up with inventive ways to quit, I am thinking about all of the things I get to do the next day. Important word there is get. Notice its not “have” to do tomorrow. I get to work with great Brookside volunteers as well as some awesome staff members as we journey along together. Even better yet is on a daily basis I get to study the scriptures and I am literally experiencing the Bible in a new light. Now you may, or may not, believe in the Bible but certainly you can imagine my joy, as someone who believes the Bible is the expressed word and revealed will of God and its literally coming alive for me. Because my time in His word has been so deep recently my prayer life has been the best it has been in years. It is tough to not want to spend time with a God whom you spend most of your days marveling at! This month has literally made me a better person (by his grace alone) even though at times its been an opportunity fraught with challenges! Becca has noticed a significant change in my attitude lately and as I am more filled by the Lord I feel I am more ready to pour into her. Obviously a glass can only spill what it contains and in short, Perry Lake was a very dry time for me! I would imagine there are some of you reading this that are thinking I am some religious nut or maybe you even attend church every now and then and you just think I am one of those people who yell AMEN to everything [I am not…Yet]. But seriously ask your self when is the last time you ever felt the emotions I am describing about, well, anything. I recognize that I am extremely lucky to be able to what I do but the beautiful thing is we all have an opportunity to encounter the Lord in this way. Again you may think I am nuts but I bet when you are alone you will wish you were half as passionate about something as I am right now [and hopefully forever] for the Lord.

I hope to start blogging a bit more as I do have a lot of great and weighty things swirling around in my mind. I have been fairly busy lately but maybe I will make this more of a priority. Only time will tell…

If you find your self with an abundance of free time you should do yourself a favor and check out this BLOG. It about a young woman’s battle with cancer and all the things that come with having a debilitating disease while being a mommy and wife. Read it from that beginning, it’s well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment