Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Flacks

Mrs. Flack. For so long when I heard that I thought of my mom. Obviously this is a normal reaction. As of a couple days ago it is officially Becca’s name now to. Yesterday Becca got her new SS card and today we went and got her a new license and finally got a joint bank account and such. Becca’s maiden name was Laskowski so she is definitely getting an easier name in a lot of ways but it is still interesting this whole name change thing. There are a lot of women who don’t change their name and I can understand that. I can say that I did want Becca to take my name but I really did not know why. It certainly would not have been a deal breaker for me if she wouldn’t have taken it but there definitely was something in me that wanted it. After a good conversation with my soon to be brother-in-law (exactly one week actually) DJ I really realized the name does help create a real since of family. Becca and I are now the Flacks. We are one and yet still two people. I think this name change really does help to create a bit more of that feeling of oneness. So now Becca and I move forward after another step of married life. I cant lie, I like knowing were the Flacks.

On a side note Becca and I had a great Thanksgiving with her family! I do love me some turkey! I don't think this is the one we ate but he looks just as delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment